1. Describe your sound in 20 words or less…
“Big Band Reggae” – Jamaica meets New Orleans
2. What role does your heritage play in your music?
Heritage plays a important role in our music…Our lead singers, Ojay & Sahara Smith are the son & daughter of Jamaican singer songwriter – Ernie Smith (Duppy Gunman, Pitta Patta, Life Is Just For Living, Play Di Music…) so naturally, we include Ernie’s songs in our live performances. We are a mixed band though, so we also have other heritage influences as well – For example, Ron was born and raised in Israel so we have some jewish influenced compositions.
3. What can we expect to hear from you in the next year?
In the next year we plan to release 3 videos, a new album, and do a U.S. east coast tour. We will also be continuing our community involvement projects such as our monthly beach cleanup in our home town of Deerfield Beach, FL.
4. Where did you get the idea and inspiration to write [this week’s featured song]? *
Out Of My Frame – The inspiration came from Sahara’s and Ron’s simultaneous breakups from their spouses – “we both were going through a similar situation and the song came as an empowering anthem that basically says – its all good, im gonna be just fine without you”
5. What are your ultimate ambitions as an artist?
- To create timeless music.
- To have a positive impact on people’s lives.
- To become a multi-generational institution and have our children sing our songs
- To travel the world using our song as our passports.
- To be able to perform and record for the rest of our lives.
Read more: www.largeup.com